Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #209632

, , | Unfiltered | September 23, 2020

I am a frequent customer at a small local coffee and bagel shop that also sells other thing like homemade pastries and sandwiches. The food and drinks are delicious and all of the items are made fresh and can take a while to make so there is often a pretty long line, especially around morning rush hour. On this day I enter the shop at about 9:45 am, so the morning rush has slowed. There are 3 people in front of me in line and the lady right in front of me looks incredibly angry. I have no idea how long she had been in the shop but she looks at me and warns me that if I want food here I’ll have to wait a really long time. I’m not sure what to say so I just smile and nod.

The lady rolls her eyes at me and continues to basically use passive aggressive body language to show she is annoyed. She is loudly sighing, tapping her foot, and shaking her head like she can’t believe how long this is taking. The two workers behind the counter don’t even notice because they are running around preparing orders for the two customers in front of us, but I am getting nervous about what she might do. In about five minutes they finish with the other customers and get to the lady, and she basically screams her order at them.

Her bagel is ready less than two minutes later, and she runs up to the counter, SLAMS her hand down, knocking over a sugar container and cream jug in the process. Everyone in the store looks at her. Without a word, she picks up her bagel, and storms out of the store, stopping to flip tables along the way. Just before she left she picked up a chair near the door and threw it across the room!

Just a tip, if you are in so much of a rush you can’t wait 7 minutes for your order without destroying the restaurant in anger, maybe just eat later?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!