Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #208806

, , | Unfiltered | September 20, 2020

I work at the frontdesk at a hotel and one morning during check out I had one of the strangest complaint I’ve ever heard and I’ve previously worked in bars…
a woman aproaches me and during the whole conversation she never looks up at me and is facing slightly away from me.
woman: I’d like to check out.
me: certainly,(she has already paid for the room at check in) let’ see yes you have a roomcharge from the dinner restaurant, it will be 580SEK(about 65$)
woman: yes. *pays* I didn’t eat any of the breakfast you know.
me: ok
woman: Im very upset!!
Me: oh? ok, what’s wrong?
woman: I didn’t have any breakfast!
me: ok, well the breakfast buffé is still open.
woman: we’re gonna have breakfast with the conference!(aparantly she’s here for a seminar with a conference)
me: ok..?( I have absolutely no idea what she’s getting at at this point)
woman:I did not eat any of the breakfast buffé! I’m having breakfast with the conference!
me: yes I heard you, but I’m not sure what you want me to do with this information?
woman: you should remove the breakfast cost from my bill!
me: oh! I’m sorry but I can’t do that, the breakfast is included in the accomodation, we can’t split it.
woman: all the other hotels do!
me: perhaps but at our chain its is included in the price, and the sum is very, very small so it’s basically a complimentry breakfast buffé. (it’s about 3.5$, external guests who buy breakfast pay about 16.5$)
woman: BUT IM HAVING BREAKFAST WITH THE CONFERENCE!!
me: yes, well the conference might have booked a coffebreak with snacks in the morning but that is seperate from the room which you have booked on your own and not with the conference.
woman: THIS IS A DISGRACE! I AM NEVER EVER STAYING AT ONE OF YOUR HOTELS EVER AGAIN AND NEITHER IS ANYONE IN MY COMPANY!!! I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS YOU KNOW! I WANT THE NAME OF YOUR HOTELDIRECTOR!!
me: fine, her name is ***** ******
woman: YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!! I AM SO DISPLEASED!!!!! *walks away*
me: *quietly to myself* what the hell?? (the entire time she’s yelled at me she never once looked up at me but stared at the frontdesk)
I later told my colleagues about the woman so if she calls they are aware of what happened and my coworker who’s in charge of that conference she was part of contacted their company to also let hem know they may receive a complaint from this lady. Our contact with them were very confused as to why she was so upset about a complimentary breakfast.
I later found out she’s from the same town as me which is about a 15min car ride from the hotel, so why she paid for a hotel room and a expensive dinner and then complain about the complimentary breakfast is beyond me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!