Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #207909

, | Unfiltered | September 9, 2020

a couple with two small kids walked in to my store, the youngest child stayed with the parents, while the older started running around. the parents went over to one area and started looking at things generally shopping and didn’t look at the child running around. the older child started picking up stuff from the shelves and started banging it towards the shelves and floor. (these things can break) I went over grabbed it from her and told her this was not acceptable behaviour in a store. she simply ran away from me, later i saw her opening some toys and starting to play with them, again I went over and took it away from her, and she ran away. the third time i see the child standing next to our champagne and wine glasses, I see the mother walking towards the child and tought she might actually watch her child. she just walked by the child and told her to be careful, when the mother has gone out of sight the child grabbed one of the champagne glasses and raised it over her head as if she where about to hit it in the shelve. I ran over and took it from her and grabbed her arm and took her to the parents where this happened.

me: excuse me, you have to watch your children in the store
the mother turned towards me
Mother: HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOU DO NOT TALK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT.
me: i’m sorry but your child is running around and has almost destroyed several objects.
mother: MY CHILD WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THAT I JUST WALKED BEHIND HER SHE HAS NOT TOUCHED ANYTHING IN THIS STORE. HAVE SHE BROKEN ANYTHING?
me: not yet
mother: EXACTLY SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG, AND THE FACT THAT YOU DARE SAY THAT TO ME, DO YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN?
(i have not completed high school yet)
me: no
mother: WELL I HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE ANY, YOU WOULD BE HORRIBLE AS A MOTHER, YOU COME OVER HERE AND TELL LIES ABOUT MY CHILD AND TELL ME SHE STARTED BREAKING THINGS WHEN SHE HAS NOT TOUCHED ANYTHING.

they started walking towards me so i backed up and grabbed my work phone ready to call security, at this point I honestly tought she might try and hit me. She walked pass me and went straight for the registrer, so I went after her and figured i would just quikly get her out of my store.

mother: YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON, YOU DO NOT TALK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT, I WANT YOUR BOSS’S PHONE NUMBER.
me: thats fine let me get you that (I begin to write down the number)
mother to her child: sweetie you can’t touch anything you might break it.
me: here you go and your total is (random number)
mother: I WILL CALL YOUR BOSS AND YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LYING TO YOUR BOSS CAUSE I WILL TELL HER EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED, AND HOW HORRIBLE YOU SPOKED TOO ME, YOU WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE NOW. YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.
me: that’s fine bye and have a good day.

the family left and since I was alone in the store i then had to go back to be polite and smiling towards everyone else, personally I really just wanted to go in the back and take a break.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!