Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #207214

, , | Unfiltered | September 8, 2020

(I work as a hostess in a restaurant that only serves lunch and dinner, so we open at 11:00 AM. I’m finishing up my opening duties when I hear a sudden pounding on the doors outside. There are two women waiting very impatiently to be let in. I look at the time, and it’s 10:45. I’m only allowed to open the doors before 11:00 if there are customers outside. I go to unlock the door.)

Me: “Hi ladies, how are you today?”

Woman #1: “How do you expect to get any business if your doors are locked?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we open at 11:00.”

Woman #1: “Yeah, whatever. We want a booth.”

(I try to make conversation on the way to their table, but they just ignore me and talk to themselves. After they situated themselves in what they deemed to be the most uncomfortable booths in the world, I lay their menus before them.)

Me: “Alright, here are your menus. Your server will be -”

Woman #2: “We’d like two Bloody Mary’s.”

(It happens quite often that a customer will mistake me as a server.)

Me: “Absolutely, I will let your server know -”

Woman #2: “Why can’t​ you get us one? They’re easy to make.”

Me: “I’m not a server or a bar tender. The only thing I could do is run the drink to you when it’s made.”

(Woman #2 huffs and rolls her eyes, muttering under her breath.)

Me: “Your server today will be [Name], she’ll be with you in one -”

Woman #1: “I’m not seeing your breakfast menu.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, we don’t serve breakfast here.”

Woman #1: “Yes you do, all restaurants have to.”

Me: “We are strictly a lunch/dinner restaurant. That’s why we open at 11:00 instead of earlier like some places.”

Woman #1: “This is ridiculous! What kind of restaurant doesn’t have breakfast?!”

Me: “Well, the closest items we have to breakfast is our Brunch Burger, it’s got a fried egg, bacon, and hash browns on it. We also have steak and eggs.”

Woman #1: “This is f***ed up, you wanna just leave?”

Woman #2: “No, I want my Bloody Mary. (Turns to me) Be useful for once and get us one, will you?”

Me: (biting my tongue) “No problem, ma’am. You’re server will be [Name], she’ll be right out.”

(I go to tell the server she’s got a table, and that her customers want Bloody Mary’s. The bartender overhears me and starts making the drinks while the server goes to greet the table. The women start up another commotion, almost yelling at the server, who comes back to the bar to grab their drinks.)

Bartender: “What happened?”

Server: “They asked where our breakfast menu is, then bitched at me for us not having one.”

Me: “I already told them we didn’t!”

Server: “I guess they wanted a second opinion?”

Bartender: “Do I need to grab the manager?”

Server: “No, I can handle it.”

(The server takes the drinks up to the table. Woman #2 takes an eager sip, only to pull back and SPIT IT OUT ONTO THE SERVER. She starts screaming, loud enough for the few customers we have to hear that it was the worst drink she’s ever had, before the pair of them storm out. The server comes back to the bar with one untouched drink and the barely sipped one. She’s got tomato juice and alcohol dripping from her face and shirt.)

Server: “So, who wants a free Bloody Mary?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!