Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #207122

, | Unfiltered | September 3, 2020

I’m shopping for dinner after my shift in a grocery store. While I’m still wearing my uniform, I also have a purse on, phone in my hand, and am pushing a cart full of groceries. My store strongly frowns on helping customers while off the clock.

Customer 1 approaches me: Excuse me, can you tell me where the tea is, please?

Since she was polite and it’s not out of the way, I walk her to the tea section.

Customer 1: Thank you, dear! *notices my purse and cart* Oh! You’re off? I’m so sorry, I didn’t notice!

Me: It’s alright, I don’t mind. You have a good day, ma’am.

Customer 1: You, too! Thank you, again.

We part ways and I continue my shopping. A few aisles over, another customer rudely shoves past me, ignoring an employee who is on the clock, then turns around to face me.

Customer 2: You! Tell me where the pre-made salads are!

Me: *sarcastically* Somewhere in produce, probably.

*Customer 2 gapes at me like a fish, then storms off before my coworker can help her.*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!