Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205751

, , | Unfiltered | August 21, 2020

I’m a cashier at a well known pharmacy. This happened one day when a woman comes in to return some medicine that her daughter had bought for her. Everything is going smoothly despite the customers slight attitude at having to come do the return instead of her daughter coming down. Until I go to put the money back on her card.
Me: ma’am is this the same card on the receipt?
Customer: *sighs heavily* no. My daughter used her card. Can’t you just put it back on this one?
Me: I’m sorry ma’am we can only out the money back on the card used to pay.
Customer:*getting angry* i came all the way down her and you can’t just put the money back on this card? She then took her medicine snatched the card off the counter and started to storm away.
Me: ah I love my job so much.
My coworker the manager, even a couple of people in line and checking out laughed. Apparently though the customer heard the laughing but not what I said. She storms back over while I’m ringing up another customer and snapped at me.
Customer: and I don’t appreciate the laughter. I was just trying to make a return. There was no need for that!
Everybody looks at her annoyed with her behavior.
Me: … you have a nice day ma’am. I turned my back on her and finished ringing out the customer.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!