Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205747

, , , | Unfiltered | August 21, 2020

I work in a lesser-know furniture and clothing retail chain where many of our dining tables are made from uncommon, renewable or reclaimed wood sources. People often ask what different pieces are made of and we’re trained on each material and it’s properties. A guest came in and was wondering in the dining section. My manager greets her while I’m working on the jewelry fixture nearby.

Manager: Good morning, ma’am! Did you have any questions today?

Customer: Yes, I was looking at this table here. Could you tell me what it’s made of?

Manager: Oh, that’s a good one. This is a newer collection and I can’t quite remember right now. (to me) Hey [name], do you remember what this was made of?

Me: Oh gosh, I don’t know. That’s not the new pine wood set, right?

Manager: No, I don’t think so. (To guest) Let me just look that up for you!

(Manager grabs the product book that details all of our pieces and looks up the dining set.)

Manager: Ah, ha! It’s mango!

Customer: … But I thought it was 100% wood…?

To be completely honest, I had to walk away at this point because I could not stop laughing. I do not know how my manager was able to respond to that, much less keep a straight face. She earned my eternal respect and admiration for that.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!