Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205713

, , | Unfiltered | August 19, 2020

Customer: I need copies done.

Me: OK, do you to do them yourself or do you want me to do them?

Customer: Oh you can do them. Is there a difference?

Me: Yes, there’s a three dollar fee for me to do it.

Customer: Oh then I’ll do it.

Me: Ok. (I explain to her where the self serve copiers are and how you pay)

Customer: I don’t know how it works, though.

Me: Ok, I can show you.

(I take her to the self serve copiers and get her started, explaining as I go)

Customer: You realize that when I come back to do this again in 6 months, I won’t remember any of this.

Me: oh, well that’s why we have our full serve option.

Customer: That’s ridiculous, I’m not paying three extra dollars for you to do it for me. Who even agrees to that?

Me: Actually, a lot of people are more than willing to pay a little more for the ease and convenience. If you don’t want to use full serve in the future you think you won’t remember any of this, and say you needed help again but we were all busy and couldn’t help you right away and you didn’t have time to wait… um, you could write this down?

Customer: (sarcastically) Oh. Sure. Of course. If that’s what you want your customers to do.

Me: It was just a suggestion. If you insist on using the self-serve, we can always come help you, but only when we’re not busy with full-serve customers.

Customer: I know it was just a suggestion! But I think it’s ridiculous that you make us pay extra for full-serve!

(I just shrug)

Customer: I want you to tell your manager that I think this is ridiculous.

Me: I can call my manager over for you.

Customer: No. You can tell your manager that I’m appalled by this.

Me: That won’t —

Customer: (cutting me off) I know you telling your manager won’t do anything! But it’s still ridiculous! As if you’re charging customers a fee for full-serve!

(I just shrug.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!