Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205667

, , | Unfiltered | August 17, 2020

(I work in a call center as a Help Desk Rep for a company that administers online testing year round. I help answer simple policy exceptions, take materials orders, and help people figure out how to navigate/deal with tech issues on our online testing platforms. We deal only with teachers and administrators…educators of our children here.)

Me: thank You for calling [Company]. This is [My Name]. May I have your name?
(We’re supposed to gather and verify contact information then ask how we can help..I barely finish my name and…)
Teacher: Yes, your system is messed up and I need to test these students soon! I’m looking at the user guide and step “#” says to do add students this specific way and I can’t figure out why it’s not working. I’m following the directions to the tee so it’s got to be your directions that are misgiving and incorrect…this is such false advertisement…I’m gonna turn you into our [State] Dept. of Ed!
(The window for testing in this specific state has from October to February to test students…literally every year since online testing was invented.)
Me: I’m so sorry to hear that the system may be giving you issues. Let me login and have you guide me through the steps you took, so I can relay what problems the system is having, if any.

…..She wasn’t pressing start…that single line in the instructions word wrapped to the top of the next page…she hung up in my face without even telling me her name during the 30 minutes she vented!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!