Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205635

, , | Unfiltered | August 15, 2020

One day, when I was about 13 years old, I was at an indoor market with my grandmother looking at birthday cards.

This older woman approached me and asked me if I could tell her the price of a bag that was on a high shelf because she had left her glasses at home.

Assuming she knew I was another customer and being the nice person I am, I told her the price and then I went over to my grandmother who wanted to show me a birthday card she had found.

Now, bear in mind I am clearly a young child who is shopping with her grandmother. Anyone would be able to see that.

A couple of minutes later the woman approached me again and asked me if I was going to get the bag for her or not.

To reiterate, I was a young child. I was not extremely comfortable with strangers and at this point, I was really confused.

The woman just stared at me expecting me to answer her question until my grandmother who had heard what the woman said, approached both of us and told the woman that I was her granddaughter and not an employee.

The woman was polite and she apologised for the misunderstanding then went to find an actual employee but it’s still one of the weirdest encounters I’ve had whilst shopping, especially because it was an uncomfortable situation for me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!