Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #205595

, , , | Unfiltered | August 13, 2020

Our store is closing down and has been busy for the last few months. We are about 3 weeks away from closing so our clearence stock has gone down even more. My job is to put as much stock as I can onto the floor but serve as soon as a customer comes up to the register. We only have two so the line can form quite quickly if you take longer for your purchases.
My coworker had been serving and I noticed a customer waiting so I went up to serve her. She was with a friend and had mentioned she wasn’t sure about a few things which I understood, (usually customers will look as they are putting it down and then tell me if they want it or not). She had about 11 items in her trolley. I scanned 4 that she wanted and waited for her to make a decision on the rest. She asked the prices for the remaining items which I told her and then she turned back to her friend and starting talking to her about the item. At this point she had been there for 5 minutes. I looked at my manager across the store and she gave me a sympathetic look. The customer asked the prices again, so I scanned them again and told her. She turned again and started speaking again. At this point it had been 10 minutes, the line was quite large and my coworker was trying to go as fast as she could. Not knowing what to say to the customer, my manager stepped in and told her to make a decision or step aside as we have other customers to serve. So she made a decision and only took the 4 items I scanned first. I quickly finished the purchase and handed her the receipt, thinking it was over so I could serve others waiting, but she took the receipt and did the math in front of me making me double check if the prices she paid for was correct and it added up fine. When she was satisfied, she finally left taking up 20 minutes of our time and leaving the store a mess!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!