Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #204402

, , | Unfiltered | August 11, 2020

(I work in the former sales office of a terrestrial wireless (not cellular) internet provider, now operating as an installer warehouse. We are located next to a farming equipment dealer that owns a cellular dealership. Both farming and cellular dealers have the same name and logo, and my company’s name and logo look nothing like theirs, other than it also has the words “wireless” on the sign. Their cellular dealership is about 2-3 blocks away from the farming dealership, and you can see the signs for both on a good day. The following happens at least once a month.)

*Customer walks over from [Equipment Dealership], reads sign that says [Company] EMPLOYEES ONLY, tries locked handle, and hammers on front door.*

Me: *Unlocks door* “Can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, I’m here to buy a cell phone. Why was your door locked?”

Me: “Sorry, you must be looking for [Cellphone Dealership], they’re about 2 blocks down the street, look for the same sign as [Equipment Dealership].”

Customer: “But I need a cell phone!”

Me: “This is [Company], not [Dealership]. If all you want is wireless internet for your farm, I can give you the contact info for our sales team, but they do fixed location wireless, not cellular.”

Customer: “But the sign says [Dealership]…” *vaguely waves their hand at [Dealership] across the parking lot.*

Me: *Pointing up at our own sign above the door.* “Sorry, no, we’re [Company]. [Dealership]’s equipment sales is next door, and their cellular store is 2 blocks down the street.”

Customer: “So you won’t help me?”

Me: “I can help you if you want wireless internet at your farm, but if you want a cell phone, you’ll have to got to [Dealership]’s cell store.”

Customer: “But you’re with [Dealership].”

Me: “No, we’re not.”

*Repeat ad-nauseum until customer gives up and wanders back to their vehicle and drives off towards the actual cellular dealership.*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!