Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #204381

, , , | Unfiltered | August 10, 2020

I was in the checkout line at Wal-Mart after a very frustrating experience trying to do an exchange, and I literally had two things in my hands. The line I was in was really long and another register opened up next to us. The cashier over there called us over and the lady behind me with a full cart bolted ahead of me and started unloading her groceries onto the belt. At this point I had been in the store for almost 45 minutes and I was very tired and frustrated.
me: (very politely to the woman) “Excuse me ma’am, I only have two things, would you mind if I checked out while you unload your stuff?” (I neglected to mention the fact that she had already cut in front of me)
customer: *sighs heavily* “I guess, but next time you should really just choose a register with a shorter line if you’re in such a rush.”
me: “Well this one was a short line when I got in, but I guess I didn’t notice how full some of the other people’s carts were.”
customer: *really rude and frustrated at this point* “Well there are shorter lines over there”
(She points all the way to the other end of the register line, on the opposite side of the store where I parked)
me: “Well I parked over here so I just chose the shortest line on this side”
(at this point I don’t think I’ve said anything rude, but she obviously disagrees)
customer: “Well you don’t need to be a b*tch about it”
(This middle aged woman then proceeds to shove all of her groceries on the belt, pushing my two things off, which I barely caught before they fell on the ground and broke. The whole time I’m checking out she is glaring at me and pushing me forward with her cart. I decided to just ignore her because if you are a forty-something year old and you feel the need to bully teenage girls at the grocery store, then you seriously have other problems

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!