Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #203775

, , | Unfiltered | August 4, 2020

I am going out to lunch with my grandparents. We have just parked the car and are walking toward the restaurant when the door slams open and a woman runs out crying and screaming, being followed by a distressed looking waitress and a manager. Note that the woman looks to be somewhere between 60-70 years old.

Manager: “Ma’am please wait, we need you to pay for your food!”

Customer: *screaming at the top of her lungs in the middle of the parking lot and pointing at the waitress* “HOW DARE YOU! I am 35 years old and this idiot offered me the senior discount! DO I LOOK LIKE A SENIOR CITIZEN?”

Waitress: “Ma’am I sincerely apologize, I didn’t mean to offend you, I really am very sorry.”

Customer: “Well I don’t give a crap if you’re sorry, you are the rudest person I have ever met! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AN OLD LADY! YOU SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY. YOU NEVER ASK A WOMAN HER AGE.”

Manager: “I’m sorry that [waitress] offended you ma’am, but she was only trying to do her job. You still need to pay your bill, especially since it was nearly $70. If you refuse to you will be stealing from us and I will be forced to call the police”.

Customer: *starts running toward her car* “ABSOLUTELY NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING FROM ME AND I AM TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW HOW RUDE YOU ARE! YOU’LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS IN LESS THAN A MONTH!”

The woman got in her car and drove off, with the manager writing down her license plate presumably to call the police and report her. As he and the waitress turned to go back inside, they spotted me and my grandparents standing there not sure what to make of the situation.

Manager: “Sorry about that folks, we offered her a senior discount and I guess she wasn’t a senior citizen and she got upset. Sorry you had to see that.”

At this point my grandfather, who is usually really quiet, speaks up.

Grandfather: “Jeez I would have thought she was at least 65. If she looked that bad at 35 I can’t imagine what she’ll look like when she is actually a senior…”

Everyone laughed and we ended up having a very nice lunch with the waitress serving us. She did however seem to hesitate a bit before offering my grandparents the senior discount.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!