Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #201685

, , | Unfiltered | July 31, 2020

(Our high-volume store is currently lined up practically out the door and has been all day.)

Customer: *approaches counter* “What do I want?”

Me: *smiles and holds back tears* “let’s figure it out! Do you want hot or cold”

Customer: “I don’t know? Can you help me?”

Me: *clenches jaw tightly, still smiling* “Yeah, sure! Do you want something with caffeine?”

Customer: “I don’t know, what do I want?”

Me: *cheerfully squeezes my hands so tight my fingernails dig into my palms* “Do you want something that tastes like coffee? Or maybe something fruity?”

Customer: “Can you, like, suggest some things?”

Me: *happily jams pen into my own temple* “HOW ABOUT THE SMORES FRAPPUCCINO?”

Customer: “uhhhm can you do it like without all the stuff?”

Me: *bleeding from the eyes, still smiling and friendly* “sure thing!” *writes down a café vanilla Frappuccino with shaking fingers* “Can I get you anything else?”

Customer’s girlfriend: *continues to stare blankly at the menu* “uhhhm I dunno… what do I want?”

(Please consider either deciding while you’re in line, or stepping to the side while you think so the line can continue to flow)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!