Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #201589

, , , | Unfiltered | July 27, 2020

(I work at the visitors bureau, answering calls from visitors requesting information. We are NOT the visitors center and we are not allowed to give out their number as our department exists to give information to visitors. Most people find this difficult to understand. I receive this call around 3:30 pm.)

Caller: “What time dies your last tour leave?”

Me: “Which tour are you looking for?”

Caller: “The one that leaves from your building.”

Me: “You mean the bus shed?”

Caller: “Yeah, whatever it’s called. I need to know what time the last tour leaves.”

Me: “Which tour were you looking at?”

Caller: “I don’t know, whichever one leaves from the visitors center.”

Me: “All the motorized tours leave from the bus shed. Which company were you looking for?”

Caller: “I don’t know! I just want the one that leaves from the visitors center!”

Me: “Well, there are several companies that offer tours on different subjects and leave at different times. Is there a specific type of tour you wanted?”

Caller: “I don’t know! I just want to know what time the last tour leaves!”

Me: “Unfortunately I can’t tell you that information unless I know which tour you’re interested in. Would you like a tour of the city, a plantation, Civil War history-”

Caller: “Look, I’m standing on [Street about a 10 minute walk from the visitors center] and they’re closing at 5 so I need to know the last tour! 3:45, 4:15, 4:30, I don’t care! Just tell me!”

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t tell you what time the tour leaves unless you tell me which tour you want.”

Caller: “You’re f***ing useless!”

(We aren’t allowed to disconnect a call even if the caller is being difficult, and I just want to get rid of her, so I make something up.”

Me: “It looks like [Company] has their last city tour at 4:30.”

Caller: “Finally! Can I purchase tickets there or do I have to call them?”

Me: “Either one works, though I suggest calling ahead as they will sometimes cancel a tour if not enough people buy tickets.”

Caller: “Ugh, fine.” *hangs up abruptly*

(I had no idea whether that company was even offering their 4:30 tour that day, but the way that caller treated me, I didn’t really care.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!