Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #201573

, , | Unfiltered | July 26, 2020

(I work at a store with very late holiday hours. My store is a part of the mall but we are open far later. I’m working on discounting merchandise at the Customer Service desk, where returns are done, since the story is very much empty. A woman comes in through the mall entrance before my manager has had a chance to shut it and approaches my desk, standing about 15 feet away.)
Woman: *Laughing* Wow! Are you really open until midnight?!
Me: *looking up to acknowledge customer* Yes ma’am. We are open until midnight.
Woman: *still laughing* Oh man you must be pissed.
(Thinking this woman is trying to bait me into saying something to agree with her, I change the subject)
Me: Do you have a return ma’am?
Woman: *abruptly, looking shocked at my change of subject* No.
(I turn back to the desk for a second to close my sharpie before asking if there’s anything I can do to help her when…)
Woman: Wow. You’re not very friendly are you?
Me: I’m sorry ma’am?
Woman: I said you’re not very friendly. What’s your name?
Me: I’m sorry you feel that way ma’am. I was just asking you a question because this is the return desk.
Woman: *approaches to read my name tag* Uh huh. Okay. [Name]? Okay. [Name] Wow. *walks away*

( I told my manager right away what happened just in case the lady decided to blow something out of proportion. That night people just had a vendetta against our store. And for the record, I don’t mind our late hours. The more hours there are, the more money I can make!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!