Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #201569

, , | Unfiltered | July 26, 2020

A couple of months previously to this I’d fractured my ankle and as a result was wearing a huge black boot to protect it and help it heal. A customer calls to say she’s not had her husbands medication and I realised that I had thought it was Monday, when it was Tuesday (I had a day off) and not sent it out. She calls at ten to six and lives in a village twenty minutes away. My pharmacist for the day is already in his coat and half way out the door

Me: I’m really sorry, it got missed on the delivery list today. I can send it out tomorrow.
Customer: I need it. This isn’t good enough. Things have been going down hill since [old pharmacist who was fired two months ago] left. I can come and get it, why can’t I come and get it.
Me: I’m sorry but we close at six.
Customer: Then wait, [old pharmacist] would’ve waited.
Me: I’m very sorry but our pharmacist can’t wait, he lives in [city two hours away] and needs to leave immediately.

At this point I haven’t even asked if he’ll stay. He always moves his car to a spot outside the shop, spends all day obsessing about getting a spot outside the shop so he can make a quick getaway. I don’t need to ask.

Customer: [old pharmacist] would’ve stayed open. Customer: This is a man with a heart condition, this medication is very important.
Me: I’m very sorry. I will send it out tomorrow.
Customer: Why can’t you drive it to me? Or wait for it.
Me: I;m sorry but I don’t drive and my bus leaves just after six. It’s the only one for another hour or I would. But I need a pharmacist here.
Customer: [old pharmacist] would’ve waited. this never happened when [old dispenser whose job I took when she left] did it.
Me: I really am very sorry but there is nothing more I can do. I will send it out tomorrow.
Customer: You better or you’ll be walking here with it.

I look down at my boot and almost tell her that I won’t be walking anywhere for a while. Instead I apologise again and hang up. The next day I send the tray out. The day after I find out that I’m the talk of the village, as she’s complained to all her neighbours about how bad things are at my pharmacy since the old pharmacist left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!