Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #201561

, , | Unfiltered | July 25, 2020

(One of the many things we sell in our store is printer ink. Most customers are really good about knowing exactly what cartridge they need to get. A little bit annoying but still better than some are the ones who at least know what their printer number is – we just have to look on all the cartridges for that brand until we find the printer and remind them not to open the box until they double check just in case it’s wrong. Of course, the people who come in with no information at all, we simply can’t help. But this customer really takes the cake.)
Customer: *approaches the counter* Do you sell printer ink?
Me: *gestures to the wall of printer inks right behind me* We sure do!
Customer: …Do you have Canon ink?
Me: Yep! *walk over to the Canon ink cartridges, ready to grab one for him* Do you know which one you need?
Customer: *seems to ignore my last question* *long pause* ……How much is the black ink?
Me: Um, so we actually have a lot of different kinds of black ink, the price would depend on the exact cartridge you need. Do you know what you’re after? *no response* ..Or do you know the printer you have maybe?
Customer: ………Oh. *walks away*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!