Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #200676

, , | Unfiltered | July 15, 2020

Where I work, we offer a bulk discount on certain items when you buy so many of them. As the cold season starts in, our bulk discount on our winter jackets and overalls becomes active and we advertise the bulk discounts just above these in red sleeves. Granted, some of the text is hard to see against the color scheme and printed in smaller letters, but they are spaced every 4 feet, top and bottom. Easy enough to point out.

Customer: “Hey, these jackets are %20 off, right?”

Me: “No, sir, not unless you buy more than 5 pieces.”

Customer: “Bull****! You have it advertised all over these clothes!”

Me: “Yes, sir. For the bulk discount. The print is smaller than it should be, but easy enough to see.”

Customer: “Don’t lie to me, you little b****! It says %20 off!”

I, for one, do not appreciate being yelled at, so I walk right up to one of the lower signs with the customer in tow, take the sign out, hold it in front of me at his eye level and read aloud the same thing that is printed on the other side.

Customer: “That’s false advertisement! I’m calling your corporate office to complain about your behavior and calling the Better Business Bureau!”

He just about runs out of the store, red faced and stammering all the way out. I later told a manager about what happened.

Manager: “You did good. People really should learn how to read. I’ve had maybe four of those, myself.”

And since then, I have had at least a dozen more people change their minds about buying jackets because they weren’t on sale.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!