Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #200646

, , | Unfiltered | July 13, 2020

(I’m working at a game store on a fairly busy Friday night. We have scheduled games, and one is supposed to start at 7pm sharp. Because we are in a large strip mall and share the parking lot with a big-box store, the lot can get pretty full. There’s a lot of honking around 6:58pm, but we don’t think much of it, because this happens often.
A regular rushes in a few minutes later and tells us he’s here, so we delay the game a moment. I’m not paying much attention to him as it’s pretty busy otherwise with other things going on, but I do notice that someone comes in just after him, screaming at him.)

Irate customer: …I HAD MY ***ING BLINKER ON, AND YOU TOOK MY SPOT! YOU’RE LUCKY I DON’T CREAM YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW –

Me: Sir! Language!

Irate customer: *ignores me and continues* I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS AND I COULD HAVE GOTTEN INTO A ****ING CAR ACCIDENT, ALL BECAUSE YOU WERE LATE TO YOUR STUPID ****ING CARD GAME –

Me: Please, sir, language!

Irate customer: *still ignoring me* YOU COULDN’T HAVE ****ING PARKED SOMEWHERE ****ELSE, YOU HAD TO TAKE MY SPOT BECAUSE YOU WERE LATE FOR YOUR ****ING CARD GAME –

Me: SIR! PLEASE, LANGUAGE!

(I’m busy helping three other people at my till, further into the store, so there isn’t much I can do, but the regular doesn’t really say anything to this guy, and tries to ignore him…but so does my manager, who I speak with later about this. My manager was, unfortunately, helping another five people, but I really feel like we could have done something to help the poor regular – yes, it was bad form to take the guy’s spot, but because this store is supposed to be family friendly, we don’t take that kind of language. The regular did win a few rounds, so it worked out in the end, I guess, though he really shouldn’t have been in too much of a rush…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!