Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #199985

, | Unfiltered | July 9, 2020

(I go to check on a customer and her daughter in one of our asiles.)

Customer: You don’t have very much selection here.
Me: Yes I’m sorry that size is pretty popular this year and we can’t seem to keep much stock.
Customer: No, you never have very much stock, its not just this size.
Me: Well if you do find something in another size that you like I can always check another store.
(I leave the customer alone in the aisle and go back to the check out counter. They arrive 10 minutes later with a cleareanced item, she is still pretty mad about us not having that much variety. And I proceed to ring the item up.)

Me: That will be (item amount). Are we paying with cash or card today?
Customer: Card
Me: Go ahead and slide when you’re ready or insert if it’s a chip.
Customer: (sliding card) The chip doesn’t work.
(Our reader requires you to insert chip cards, regardless if the chip works or not, once you’ve tried 3 times the reader will allow you to swipe the card. I try to explain this and she interupts me by inserting the card)
Me: Ok. Just insert it again and it’ll..
Customer: (angered, inserts card) I don’t know why you’re having me do this, it doesn’t work.
Me: I’m sorry it’ll just take a moment, I have no way to by-pass the process.
Customer: (inserts the card enough times so the reader asks to swipe the card, each time mumbling and fumbling so it takes even longer) I told you it doesn’t work. (Swipes card too fast for reader so reader prompts again).
Me: I apologize again but you’re going to have to contact your bank about the issue.
Customer’s Daughter: I like your shirt.
Me : Thank you sweetie
(Customer scowls at me and grabs the item, receipt and her daughter’s hand and storms out the door.)
Customer 2: (Wearing a shirt from a restaurant and watching this whole ordeal, smiles at me with a knowing look.)
Me: Don’t you just love retail sometimes.
Customer 2: (laughing)Yeah that’s why I work here!(indicates shirt)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!