Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #199881

, | Unfiltered | July 4, 2020

(It’s the afternoon and a bunch of customers walk in. The first one is a woman who looks very haughty. My coworker is eating lunch in the back office. Note: in check ins, we are not supposed to check ID of loyalty card members, unless they are suspicious. )

Me: “Hello, how are you today?”

Woman: “EXTREMELY well. My name is [Name].”

(We go through the check in process, with her holding her nose so high in the air I can practically see into her skull. Since she’s a loyalty card member, I just give her keys and a welcome letter.)

Me: “Thank you for being loyal to us. Here are your keys, and this is a welcome letter from the manager.”

Woman: *nods and takes keys and letter, and walks off*

Me: “Next?”

(I go through the rest of the line, and am about to call for help when I see the woman come back in a fury, pushing away the person that I was helping. He nods at me that he can wait.)

Woman: “WHAT is the meaning of this?!” *waving letter*

Me: “What do you mean?”

Woman: *banging hands on my desk dramatically* “I’m talking about my first name being misspelled on this letter?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but that was the way it was transmitted.”

Woman: “Well! Well, it’s not correct! And if this hotel can’t even get THAT little detail right, then I don’t want to stay here at all!” *throws keys at me and flounces off*

(My coworker comes out.)

Coworker: “What was that about?!”

(I tell her what happened, and we think the woman is going to change her mind, but she doesn’t come back. The kicker was that her reservation was made through a third party website, so she was the one who misspelled her OWN name when making the reservation! The manager wasn’t thrilled to have lost her money–she was supposed to stay for 10 days–but we charged her for a late cancellation fee, anyway. I asked my manager, who had been working in hotels for decades if he had seen anyone do that, and he said never!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!