Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #199841

, | Unfiltered | July 2, 2020

(I provide various support for a popular video game, and at present am working on BIlling.)

Customer: Why are you rejecting my payment?

Me: I’m afraid that according to our records, we’re contacting your bank for payment and they are refusing it. Unfortunately you would actually need to ask them what’s going on to have it resolved. :)

Customer: There’s nothing wrong with my account, I’m using it daily for other transactions.

Me: I totally understand the frustration, but it is not actually use rejecting the charge. I’m afraid that the bank is refusing the payment when we contact them.

Customer: Listen mate, the card is fine, you are just refusing it. I don’t understand why you won’t take my payment.

Me: We would love to be able to accept it, but your bank is literally rejecting it and telling us there’s an issue you need to contact them about.

Customer: I don’t see why they would reject a charge from you and only you. No other company is having an issue so you are the only common denominator.

*internal screaming*

Me: Neither do I, but that seems to be what they are doing. Hopefully they can tell you why, *heavily accented* when you contact them.

Customer: Why won’t you just accept my payment? Good day.

(Tea break time before I punch through the screen because I go through this at least four times a day.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!