Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #198728

, , , | Unfiltered | June 27, 2020

(i work at a plus size women’s fashion store. A lady comes in with a huge stroller for her six month old twins, her five year old, and a seven year old she’s babysitting. She want to try things on so I put her in the handicap room so she has enough room for the kids. I see her trying to walk out of the store about five minutes later without any of the kids, and I didn’t notice anyone walking out with them. She’s done this several times before, and each time it has gotten worse)

Me: So how did everything go?

Customer: It went really well! I’ll be back in a little bit so I can decide what I want.

Me: I see you don’t have the kids anymore! Lucky you, getting a shopping day without all the kids.

Her: Oh, no I left them in the fitting room. The seven year old is in charge. Don’t worry to much though, I’ll only be gone about an hour, and she’s done this before.

Me: Uhh ma’am, you can’t leave your kids here without a responsible adult watching them.

Her: It’s really not a problem. I told them you would help them if anything happens.

Me: I’m sorry, I’m not comfortable with you leaving your kids here in the fitting rooms. If you are leaving you need to take them with you, or I have to call security and they will take them.

Her: What the fuck lady? I told you it’s fine. They can stay here if I want them too. Why is this always such a big deal with you retail workers?

Me: Ma’am. I’m not going to argue with you over this. You need to get your kids before you leave.

She then proceeds to knock things off my tables and racks while yelling incoherently about how she should be able to leave her kids wherever she wants, and cursing random words together. I turn to one of my other customers.

Customer 2: did that really just
happen?

Me: Yes. Unfortunately that’s not thebfirst time she’s tried this.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!