Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #198710

, , , | Unfiltered | June 27, 2020

(Before we open on a Tuesday)

Assistant Manager: “What were you and [Store Manager] wearing on Sunday?”
Me: “I don’t remember. Why?”
AM: “I got the strangest phone call yesterday. The woman started right off yelling at me: *whiny voice* ‘I’ve never been so disgusted in my life! I was in here yesterday, and I don’t know if she’s a d%ke or what, but your sales person kept flashing her t!tt!es at me! I’m cutting up my credit card, and I’m never coming back there again!’ And then she hung up before I could get a word in. Well, when she used that kind of language I knew she was more than a little off, but [the other AM] and I have been going crazy trying to figure out what either of you could have been wearing, since the two of you are probably the most conservative dressers in the store!”
Me: “Geez. Did you email [Regional Manager]?” ( we tend to email both our RM and the corporate office the minute we tangle with a customer, to get our side of the story in first in case a complaint is made)
AM: “Nah, I’ll just tell [Store Manager] when she comes in this afternoon and let her decide what she wants to do about it. I figure that woman’s just a crank.”

(It took me three days, until I was sorting the laundry into loads, to remember what top I’d worn that day. It was a solid t-shirt from our store, something I own in six different colors to wear with patterned skirts. They make up about half of my warm-weather work wardrobe. I’ve been wearing them to work for three or four years now. I’m more than a little offended, not so much for myself as for my co-workers who are not straight. I’m glad that woman isn’t coming back, in case she said something homophobic here in the store.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!