Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #197589

, , | Unfiltered | June 24, 2020

I work as a stocker in Walmart (generally I stock Cosmetics/Personal Hygein/Pharmacy, but today (the other day which was Monday), they decided to put me on grocery. Now me working on the other side of the store, I have no idea where anything is. So I’m stocking things in the past/Asian/Latino isle and as I said, I have no clue where anything goes. So I’m going about my own business, stocking and helping out customers as best as I possibly can and asking other associates when I had a question. Then a customer comes up to me and asks, “where are the noodles?” And I asked her “the dry noodles?” And she said “yes.” So I pointed to the end of the isle and told her “the noodles are at the end of the isle and on the right.” And she stood there looking to where I was pointing, looking super confused. And she asked “the Italian style?” And I said “yes, if it’s pasta, it will be down this isle.” She stood there for a few more seconds still looking confused so I said again, “the pasta is down on the right at the end of the isle where it says ‘Pasta’, there’s a sign that says ‘Pasta’ above.” And the woman, still standing with the same look on her face says “on the other side of the isle?” And I told her once more, “there’s a sign on this isle that clearly says ‘Pasta’.” And she’s still standing there and then she says “ok.” And leaves out of the isle and turns LEFT. Then, after she leaves, and older man walks up to me and asks me “excuse me, where are the tortillias?” TORTILLIAS. REALLY. So I said “oh, the tortillas?” And he said “yes.” SIR. YOURE HOW OLD AND YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SAY TORTILLAS?! YOU LOOK TO BE 50/60 AND YOU DONT KNOW. WHAT. THE. HECK. You never notice just how many strange things happen in a store until you work there……

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!