Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #197547

, , , | Unfiltered | June 22, 2020

My twin brother and I worked as parking attendants at a resort over the summer. Because I am younger, I was around 15 at the time, people tried to bribe me a lot. They also tried to intimidate us multiple times. One time I could recall clearly was on a 100+ degree day, A man walk over to us and immediately started screaming. Usually I’m the more sociable of the two, but my twin started talking to try to defuse the situation as well. I should also mention that attached to the parking lot is a dock.

Customer: *Visable Angry* Do you work here?

Coworker/Twin: * Surprisingly calm* Yes, and how can we help you today?

Customer: I bet your father got you this job, didn’t he? And how many units does he own?

It was a lucky guess as he couldn’t have possibly know who my father was. But yes my father did. He was the head of the board and up for re-election. However, I didn’t want this man knowing that and campaigning against him.

Me: *Without missing a beat* One.

Customer:*Trying to intimidate me* I own 3. Now, do your job and tell these boaters to leave. I can’t even park my boat at I place I practically own.

Me: *Trying to remain calm and collect* They are paying guests, also they have priority as they using the hotel portion of the resort and also were here first.

Customer: Do you know who I am? I could get you fired! I’m good friends with [My General Manager] and [My Father and Head of Board].

Coworker/Twin: *To me* I’ll check this out, watch for more cars.

My coworker/twin comes back later and I asked him what happened. He said that the man wanted to park only in his spot, which was a public one that he didn’t even own, and that there were 3 other spots open. He finally settled for another one and we thought we had heard the last of him. He can back later and said that he was right about them being not from the hotel. The kicker is though, the place we let park their boat there was a wedding which overhead everything. They offered us food and drinks, but we politely declined. They insisted and gave us giant cinnamon buns. Also my father said he never heard of the man before.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!