Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #197541

, | Unfiltered | June 22, 2020

(My radio station used to do Tradio, a fairly common feature on small town radio station. We have open phone lines for a half-hour, and people call in with stuff their selling, stuff their looking to buy, and so on. It’s essentially free, on-air classified ads. Anyway, my station got rid of it a few years ago, as too many local businesses were abusing it for free advertising. However, it was very popular, and, all these years later, some people are still upset about it, as I found out when I was manning our booth at the local trade show.)

Listener: YOU! I have a question for you!

Me: Certainly, what would you like to know?

Listener: Why did you get rid of Tradio?

Me: Too many businesses were abusing it for free advertising. We weren’t making any money off it anymore.

Listener: Don’t you understand? That was the only thing on your station worth listening to! Everything else you have is bullsh*t! Do you know what I have to do for Tradio now? (Looks around to make sure no one else is listening. Leans in real close.) I have to listen to the [racial slur for First Nations] station!

(The listener’s wife appears from the crowd, and places her hand on his shoulder.)

Listener’s Wife: Let it go, dear. It’s not worth it.

(The listener’s wife drags him away from my booth, but he gives me the evil eye until they vanish into the crowd.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!