Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #197477

, | Unfiltered | June 18, 2020

I work at a big box store in a smallish town in a rural area. I answer the phone:
Caller: My girlfriend and I are moving there from London. She’s seven feet tall. Do you have women’s clothes that would fit her?
Me: I’m sorry, sir, we do not.
Caller: Do you know if Penny’s would?
Me: No, sir, they don’t, and I don’t know where you could find a store that sells that size. Maybe in (nearest major city).
Caller: My girlfriend plays basketball, and we’re moving there. Do you know where I can find clothes that would fit her?
I was wondering why they were moving here from London, but then I figured they were moving here so she could play basketball for our local university known for our women’s basketball.
Me: No, sir. I have no idea where to get clothes that would fit her.
Caller: What about Kohl’s?
Me: We don’t have one of those here. The closest one is in (State Capital), but I doubt they carry those sizes there.
Caller: Do you know where I can find clothes that would fit my girlfriend? She’s seven feet tall.
Me: I don’t know sir. I’m 5’7″, and I have trouble finding clothes that fit me. Maybe you could find a store in (nearest major city), but I don’t know.
It went round and round like this for a little bit more.
Caller: I think I’ll call Penny’s and see.
Me, knowing full well that they do not carry that size: Alright, sir. Have a great day.
This call lasted about five minutes in all.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!