Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #196525

, , | Unfiltered | June 13, 2020

A couple comes in to pick up a wedding cake. I find nothing under the name given.

Me: Is there any other name is might be under?

Man: No that’s the name it should be under.

Me: Well do you know type of cake it was? What it looked like?

Woman: No, we don’t know anything about it. We’re just supposed to be picking it up for the wedding!

I go between the back and the two of them a couple times trying to sort it out. When we do wedding cakes they’re typically big, flashy affairs so that’s what I’m looking for. I consult our decorators and the only wedding cake for that day was already out for delivery. I tell the couple and by now all three of us are sweating.

Me: Are you SURE there’s no other name it’s under? First name, anything.

Woman: Well her first name is [Name]

Me: Yes! I saw that name! Hang on.

I run and grab the cake. It’s one of our basic, out-of-the-case six-inchers. Nothing fancy. Nothing written on it. Incredulous, I make sure it’s the one they wanted. They don’t know what the cake was supposed to be but they recognize the name on the order so they take it, relieved.

Me to coworker: Who has a wedding and sends someone to pick up the cake with ZERO knowledge about it?

Coworker: Better question: how many times has this person been married to be getting a plain little cake like that?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!