Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #196216

, | Unfiltered | June 11, 2020

(As a Bartender I come across many different people and many cases of a fake ID. However this has to one of the worse cases by far… This Kid came in, looking no older then about fifteen [15] maybe sixteen [16] years old. So I asked for his ID and the following happened…)

Me: Hello and welcome to [Bar Name Here] Sir. I must ask to see your ID before I serve you any drinks.

Kid: “Yeah. Sure. Here.” (He practically throws his ID onto the counter and huffs.) “Now I want a [Alcoholic Drink] and make it snappy.”

(Now as I look at this ID, I can clearly tell it’s fake. It was BRIGHT PURPLE and the DOB [Date Of Birth] was January 23, 1967. Like I said before the kid looked in him mid-teens. So if the BRIGHT PURPLE ID card didn’t give it away I sure wasn’t taking it based on the date if birth.)

Me: “I’m sorry to inform you but this is not a valid ID. I can not serve you any kind of drink with this ID. ”

Kid: “WHAT?! MY ID IS VALID! NOW GIVE ME THE F****** [Alcoholic Drink] OR I’LL SUE YOU!!!”

Me: “. You’re ID is bright purple. That is not the standard ID for this state. Also the date of birth seems incorrect. The placement is wrong and it says you were born in 1967. I am sorry but I do not feel comfortable serving you any form of beverage.”

(It is at this time that my manager comes back from her break and walks into the scene the kid is trying to create)

Kid: “I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER YOU F****** W****!!”

Me: “I will gladly get her but I must request that you please calm down. You are dis-”

Kid: “CALM DOWN?! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER RIGHT NOW!!”

Manager: “Well then spit it out. I really dislike loud brats. I’ll give you two choices, leave quietly or I’ll call the cops. I refuse to have one of my bartenders fired for refusing to sir a minor.”

(The kid looked at her and then hightailed it. Turns out that my manager is his neighbor and is on good terms with his mom. According to her, the kid has been grounded until he’s eighteen. Just some advice, please be nice to your local bartenders. A lot of us are willing to do cool stuff like drive home the drunk or call you a cab if you’re nice. It really helps to have decent people come in.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!