Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #196212

, , , | Unfiltered | June 11, 2020

It’s a slow day at my college bookstore because the president of the university declared it a student holiday complete with games, free food and a scavenger hunt. I volunteered to come in to work the bookstore while the rest of the student employees enjoyed the day. Because it’s slow I decided to check out Not Always Right on my computer until a customer walked in.

Customer: Excuse me do you have any key chains?

Me: Sorry, all we have are ones that say (university name) Dad on them, we ran out a couple of week ago when school started and freshman parents came in and bought a lot of them.

Customer: Well that is unacceptable, you should get your act together.

Me: I’m sorry that customers liked them?

Customer grumbles and walks around the store. Finally she spies a pen that we have specially made that has our university’s name on it.

Customer: I want this pen.

Me: That will be 84 cents

Customer: No! I want it for fee

Me: …It’s 84 cents

Customer: Can’t you give it to me for free?

Me: No

Customer: Are there any pens in here I can have for free.

Me: I’m not allowed to give stuff away

Customer huffs and grabs a handful of change out of their bag

Customer: How much is this?

Me: 75 cents

Customer: Can I have the pen?

Me: The pen is 84 cents, I need 9 more cents before I can give it to you

Customer: Well fine then!

She stormed off in a huff without her pen while I was left scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

Opened my computer to see Not Always Right and immediately clicked “Add Story”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!