Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #195978

, , | Unfiltered | June 9, 2020

*I am working in a library, minding my own business, when this conversation occurs with a total stranger.*
Me: *I sneeze*
Woman: Bless you. *She is looking through DVDs and mumbles softly under her breath and doesn’t even bother to look up when she’s speaking at me.*
Me: *I continue my work.*
Her: You’re welcome. *sarcasm. much louder than she was initially* Would it kill you to say “Thank You?”
Me: It makes me uncomfortable when people comment on my body functions. *I actually despise it when people say “Bless You,” especially when they don’t even bother to do more than mutter under their breath without even looking up.*
Her: You could still say “Thank You.” *Her tone is one a mother would use on a snarky teenager. I’m in my thirties.*
Me: Could you remember that makes me uncomfortable and not say “Bless You” in the future?
Her: Don’t worry, I ain’t gonna talk with you at all. That’s just F@$%ing rude. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! Can you believe this girl? Wouldn’t kill her to say “Thank You” or nothing. Just F@$^%$# rude. Such a stupid thing, just use your d@mn manners. *She proceeds to spend her entire time in the DVD section mumbling loudly about my apparent lack of manners.*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!