Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #194475

, , | Unfiltered | May 21, 2020

I am the customer in this. You should note that at the time of this happening I’m incredibly high and have just started cooking some pasta for dinner at 1am and since it’s so late I contact support via chat

Technician: Hi! My name is [His name]. How are you? I’d like you to know that I am going to be your technician for today’s session. If in case the issue you have provided is not within my scope of support. I am more than willing to refer you to the right technician. Let’s begin. In order for us to confirm your account here on our database, kindly confirm your full name, phone number and email address please?

Me: [My name], [My number], [My email]

Technician: Thank you. How can I help you [My name]?

Me: My [Software company] account needed to be updated so I bought the yearly one for [Price] and downloaded it, but when I went into [Software] or any of the others ones it said my subscription had expired and that I needed to update

Technician: Oh! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issue with [Software] not activated but don’t you worry let me assist you with that and see what I can do alright?

Me: awesome

As you can see I’m eloquent when high and care less about grammar.

Technician: May I know the account where you associated the [Software]?

At this point I’m incredibly high and for some reason can not for the life of me understand what he is asking me.

Me: I’m not sure what you mean. Are you talking the computer or what

Technician: I mean the subscription. Sorry for that. The [Software] account where you associated the subscription. Thank you.

Technician: Is it the email account above that you provided?

Me: Yes!

I’m wiggling in excitement that I finally understood him.

Technician: Alright. Sorry if I have to verify this first [My name]. So that I can go ahead and help you better.

Me: it’s okay

Technician: Thank you. Upon checking here on my tools you have [Software] subscription on this account.

Technician: Since this will fall under Download, Install and Activate. [Software] provides technical support for it which we can proceed with remote session so that I can help you better.

Me: Alright

Technician: Great! Please do close any confidential files first before we start.

Technician: Let me know once you’re done. Thank you.

Me: Alright done

During one of our short pauses I go into the kitchen from the garage to put the pasta in.

Technician: Thank you. Once you’re not comfortable with remote session. You can just disconnect it anytime you want [My name].

Me: okay

Technician: Great! Please give me a minute

Technician: Thank you for patiently waiting. For us to establish a remote session, please go to this website [Support website]. Agree to the terms and conditions on that web page and when prompted use PIN code [Pin] to completely have a full access on your computer. Download the applet and please click on Run/OK/Accept/Continue on all the windows that might pop up.

Around this time I decide it would be easier to watch both food and tech at the same time so I bring my laptop into the kitchen.

Technician: We’re now connected. Let me double check the application now.

Technician: Just want to clarify about the last subscription is that also a yearly subscription or a free trial?

Me: I believe it was a yearly, but I’m not sure

Technician: Alright. That’s fine. Was it associated also with same account that you provided on our chat.

Me: Yes

Technician: Thank you [My name]

I now mostly just watch what he’s doing and occasionally answer when prompted. Once he even had to circle what he needed in red because I hadn’t realized he needed me to type.

Technician: Hello [My name]. We already resign-in the account that has the subscription and we only have to restart the machine to take effect the changes on [Program].

Me: Awesome

Technician: We’re just waiting for the updates of your machine to complete.

Me: Alright

Queen of one word answers.

Technician: Yup. I’m sorry for taking too much of your time and you have encountered this issue.

Technician: As you can see here on [Application] . its now activated

Me: This is great, thank you

Technician: Yes, You’re most welcome. Once the update completed only need to do is to restart the machine and you can now enjoy your [Software] application.

Technician: Here’s the case number of our chat session today: [Case number]

Me: thanks again, i appreciate it

Technician: You’re most welcome. Can I close this case now as resolved [My name]?

Me: Yes

Technician: Perfect! :) Before we end this chat. Would it be fine to if I can take a minute of yours to introduce our new assure plan here at [Software company]?

Me: Sure

Technician: Thank you. We called this the [Plan] – this is a 1-year software support subscription for [Software company] users. For only [Price] you will get UNLIMITED PC Tune Up, Virus Removal and Protection, [Software] and Technical support for 1 whole year.

Me: alright thanks for letting me know, but not interested for now

Technician: You’re most welcome. No worries [My name], so that’s it for now. Would there be anything else that I can assist you with?

Me: That’s all I needed

Technician: Alright. What we did was re sign-in the account and update the office application. its now up and running. Thank you for contacting [Software company] answer desk and have a great day! bye for now.

Technician: Bye the way nice name. :)

Me: Thank you ^^

Technician: Take care. :)

Me: Have a good night

Technician: You too [My name]. :)

Technician: Thank you.

I think I made his night, and if so I’m glad. I work in a popular gas station and I know how tiring dealing with customers can be. Plus by the time we finished my food was cooked and my computer fixed. All in all a good end to a tiring day.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!