Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #194431

, , | Unfiltered | May 19, 2020

I worked at a hippie grocery store, you know the ones where they only sell vegetarian fed chicken and all the fake meat you can shake a stick at. There are four in the same side of town, different companies.

An older lady came through my line and wanted to return some glass milk bottles. We don’t return bottles. I kindly tell her that we don’t do that, and that we don’t even carry that brand since they don’t let their cows free range for the minimum amount of time we require. She then starts screaming at me.

Lady: “I CAME IN HERE YESTERDAY AND BOUGHT THESE. I WAS TOLD I CAN RETURN THEM.”

Me: “Ma’am, we do not carry these. I am fairly new, so maybe we did carry them, but not anymore.”

Lady: “NO. I WAS HERE YESTERDAY AT THE SAME TIME AS TODAY AND I BOUGHT THEM HERE. IT’S ON THE TOP SHELF OF THE GODDAMN COOLER.”

Me: “We can go take a look together.” We both take a trip down to the milk cooler, and guess what, it’s not there.”

Lady: “YOU KNEW I WAS COMING IN TO RETURN THESE AND YOU HID THEM ALL SO YOU CAN STEAL MY DEPOSIT.”

At this time she demands to talk to the manager, so I go and get her and she is told the same thing. She continues to say we’re stealing her money and hiding the milk. She then goes back and throws all her milk bottles into her bag, breaking them, saying she will never be back again. I had never seen her until that day.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!