Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #194421

, , | Unfiltered | May 19, 2020

(I work for a popular book company, and we periodically get calls from customers demanding refunds. This was one of the more extraordinary ones.)

Me: Hello, my name is [First Name], how may I help you today?

Customer: Hi, I would like to place an order, please.

(We go through the order like normal until we get to the part where I ask her for coupons.)

Me: Would you like to use any coupons today, ma’am?

Customer: Yes, please. (She gives me a code that does not work.)

Me: I’m sorry ma’am, but it doesn’t look like this is going through. Let me see if i can find out why.

(I look up the coupon code and find out that it had expired over a year ago.)

Me: I’m sorry, ma’am, but it looks like your coupon has expired.

Customer: Oh, yes, I know that, but I thought you could make an exception for me since i was on maternity leave.

Me: I’m sorry, ma’am, I don’t believe I can do that.

Customer: Oh, but I left these coupons with my substitute, and she didn’t use them, so now I’m using them.

Me: I’m sorry, ma’am, but I cannot process expired coupons.

Customer: But I have over $500 in coupons! I need to use them! *getting hysterical* I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER.

Me: *shocked at the amount, and eager to let someone else explain to her* Certainly, ma’am, let me just get my supervisor on the line here.

(My manager gave her $60 worth of coupons as an apology, even though it was her own fault that she didn’t tell the substitute to use the originals. She hung up after various threats never to shop with us again, even though she had just demanded $60 worth of coupons in compensation.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!