Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #193933

, | Unfiltered | May 11, 2020

When I worked a service desk, I had several customers come up to me with problems. One said her 50% and 40% coupons came off the wrong items. One item was 3.99 and the other 4.99. The phones have been ringing off the hook all day and I have to answer it if not to put it on hold. The transaction went something like this:
*on the phone with a guest finishing up when the woman comes up to the register. She’s sighing and tapping. I wrap up with my phone customer and put the next caller on hold.*
me: Hi, what can I help you with today?
Customer: Your cashier f***** up and took the coupons off the wrong items! She needs to be fired! (continues to rant for a few minutes)
Me: I’m sorry about that. It’ll be just one moment while I get the return processed and I can ring the items up with the correct coupons. If the phone rings I’ll have to answer it, but I will put them on hold until I’m done with your transaction.
Customer: If you answer that phone I’m walking out! (more complaining)
Me: I’m sorry ma’am but I will have to answer the phone. I will be putting your transaction first as priority and they will be served after you.
Customer: *grumbles under her breath*
*I finish up the return and ring up the correct prices*
Me: Alright there’s your return and receipt.
Customer: *stares at her money back* This can’t be right.
Me: I assure you it is correct. Have a good day and come again ma’am! *smiling widely before answering the phone line on hold*
Customer: *stands there for a good 5 minutes while I’m taking care of registering the customer on the phone in a class*
Me: *finished with phone guest* Oh, was there something else you needed ma’am?
Customer: IT’S NOT RIGHT!!!
*At this point I realize she didn’t realize her entire freakout was over less than 15 cents in return and demonstrate the math to her with a calculator and a piece of receipt paper during which she turned beet red and stormed out of the store*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!