Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #193817

, , | Unfiltered | May 5, 2020

So I used to work at a dollar store as a cashier. I’ve experienced many stupid and rude customers, but I think this one I’m about to tell you about takes the cake.

An older lady, in her early to mid sixties and her granddaughter walk over to the till with a few items. The lady looks angry. She places the basket on the counter and just stands there. I start taking the items from the basket and scanning them and placing them into bags.
Me: Find everything you were looking for?
Customer: (ignores my greeting)
Customer:(rude tone) There’s a hole in the bag. (It was a bag made of mesh netting filled with fancy glass pebbles)
Me: okay. (I go to pick up the bag to enter the price, since there was no tag to scan, thinking that the hole was at the top. the pebbles fall from the bottom.)
Customer: Did I not speak English? I said there’s a hole. Now pick them up. And I want them in a separate bag from everything else.
Me: (Quietly gathers the pebbles and put them into a small bag.)
The customer is staring at me angrily through the whole process and making me uneasy. Soon, I finish up and give her the total. She pays for her stuff.
Customer: (demanding) I want it double bagged.
So I double bag her items and she grabs it and storms out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!