Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #193779

, | Unfiltered | May 4, 2020

We often give damaged goods discounts to customers. Foam is not one of them, but every once in awhile something is butchered mercilessly by a hapless new person and their electric knife.
________
So I’m ringing up a woman and everything is going normally. I’ve printed off her ticket and she stares at it for a few seconds.
Customer: Where’s my damage discount?
Me: I’m sorry ma’am we don’t give damage discounts on this item and there’s nothing wrong with it that I see. Did you still want the item? I can reshelf it if you like.
Customer: There’s a FOOTPRINT on it.
* A footprint is not considered damage. Even on foam. Especially when it wipes off very very easily*
Me: That isn’t considered damage to the product. I can wipe it off for you if you would like?
Customer: I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD SELL A DIRTY PIECE OF FOAM FOR THE SAME PRICE AS A NOT DIRTY PIECE OF FOAM!! I DEMAND TO SEE YOUR MANAGER!
*I walkie my store manager to come to the front of the store. Not a typical manager. This is one who carries rolls of quarters to get rid of customers who complain over 10 cents. It happens a lot*
Manager: No ma’am this is not considered damage and I will not be giving you a damage discount on this item.
Customer: *turns red and starts screaming*
Manager: *waits until her tantrum is over* Occasionally I give a customer a discount due to their behavior in the store, and their basic human decency in my store. And for this today I would like to offer you a discount.
Suddenly sweet customer: Oh thank you. I knew you could be reasoned with. This item will be such a hassle for me to fix, and I *am* doing the store such a favor by taking it after all.
Manager: I will give you 2% off at the register. Just have the cashier radio me to confirm. You have a great day ma’am.
*He walks away*
Customer: *blankly stares before starting to scream at other customers about how unfair it is we sell dirty items for the same price as clean items before storming out of the store*

*My manager was elderly and had already turned in his notice for retirement.*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!