Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #193765

, , | Unfiltered | May 3, 2020

The company I work for switched out our pin pads a couple months ago for the ones with the chip readers, but like most places have not activated them yet so customers still have to swipe. Some customers are smart and ask if the chip reader works yet, as it’s a 50/50 chance around here depending on which store you go into. Others, despite me telling them right from the start to “wait until you see the blue lights flash then please SWIPE your card” will try to insert their card and then sit there looking confused that the screen is still telling them to swipe.
A couple of weeks ago I put little signs on our registers rightttt above the pin pads clearly stating that the chip reader was not activated yet and to swipe when you see the blue arrows. Still, very few people paid attention to this, so I got fed up and literally taped said notes so that they covered the part where you insert your card, thinking “oh maybe now people will get the picture!”
….Yesterday I had a lady PEEL THE PAPER OFF SO SHE COULD INSERT HER CARD.
Wanted to bash my head against the wrap desk repeatedly, which is a feeling that happens quite often at my job.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!