Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192964

, , , | Unfiltered | April 30, 2020

(I work in guest services on restaurant staff. My job varies from day to day, and today they have me in an elephant ear cart prior to one of our famed summer on-the-lawn- concerts. I’ve just finished making a fresh elephant ear (fried dough with butter and cinnamon sugar) for a customer who is on their way to the concert)

Me: Here you are! One nice hot elephant ear.

Customer: -makes a face- This looks soggy.

Me: That’s just the butter, it hasn’t dried yet.

Customer: But I want it crispy!

Me: I can make you another one, but it might take a few minutes.

Customer: No, that’s too long! Don’t you have one that isn’t soggy and gross like this one?

(I grab another elephant ear from the warmer tray we have, and put less butter on it. I plate it and offer it to the customer. She makes the ugliest face, and shoves it back at me, and grabs the original ear made for her.)

Customer: You people are such r****ds, never mind!!! (she storms off toward the concert lawn)

(Another customer came up from behind her, and looked as stunned as I was for a second, then began to laugh.)

Customer 2: Oh man, do you always have customers like that?

Me: Yep.

Customer 2: Then I’m not gonna make stuff hard for you. I’ll take that elephant ear, and another one with EXTRA butter.

(while traveling from the cart to another location, I saw the same rude customer from before, standing in line for beer and looking like a miserable vulture gnawing on her elephant ear.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!