Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192946

, , | Unfiltered | April 29, 2020

I worked at a makeup store that has a beauty salon in it and was restocking nail polish at the time.
*woman approaches me*
Customer: hi miss? How much is a haircut and what does it come with?
Me: *I’m always cheery and friendly* I can certainly help you! Our haircuts come with a wash and blow out. If you get it done with me (our prices varied depending on the stylist) it comes out to $35. I have an opening available right now if you’d like or we can set up an appointment!
Customer: no, I want a discount. That’s too much. No other place charges this much!
*my manager has been in the background the entire time within earshot*
Me: I’m sorry you feel that way. But these are corporate prices that we have no control over. *I explain the pay difference and how my process are the lowest because of my new hire status.*
Customer: I don’t care! I want a haircut and I won’t be paying so much! Give me a discount!
Me: well, there’s a [cheaper haircut place that only cuts hair at $7] around the corner that would better suit your budget if you’d like. I’m sorry we couldn’t help you. *smiles and walks away*
Customer: I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!
*my manager quickly turns around with a smile on her face trying not to laugh*
Manager: I’m sorry what seems to be the problem here?
Customer: your employee told me to go to [other cheap salon]!
Manager: yes ma’am, I heard. I heard everything. Our prices are set by corporate and will not be changed or lowered for no reason. There is in fact a salon around the corner that would better suit your haircut budget though. Is there anything else I can help you with?
*they left the store so angry and insulted. My manager looked at me holding in her laughter until they left.*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!