Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192945

, , | Unfiltered | April 29, 2020

I work as a closing shift manager at a local grocery store. We close at 10 pm and we will sometimes get customers that come in a few minutes before we close and take their time shopping and make us late closing. We have a policy that we do not do refunds or exchanges after 9:50. A lady comes in at 9:57 asking for a refund.

(I’m walking out of the office to start my closing routine.)

Lady: I need to get a refund on this dress.

Me: I’m sorry, but we don’t do refunds this late.

Lady: (Irritated) Why the f*** not?! You’re not closed until 10, I need to return this!

Me: I am sorry but we do not do refunds or exchanges this late, we close in 3 minutes.

Lady (Angrily): Well whoever i talked to on the phone a few minutes ago told me i could come and get this refunded, so either you are lying or they were, which is it?!

I turn to my cashier and ask him if he talked to her, he says no as she gets mad and says she spoke with a female, i turn back to her and tell her that the only employees here are the two of us, both male.

Lady:(Angry) Are you calling me a liar?

Me: No, but it is apparent you did not talk to anyone here, and as i have said, i am sorry but we do not do refunds or exchanges this late.

Lady: Angrily storms out) F***ing unbelievable

Customer checking out: Just be a duck and let it fall off your back.

My cashier and i laugh with him as we walk him out to lock the door.

Me: I just wonder who the hell she thinks she talked to.

Cashier: No idea, the only phone call we had was right before she walked in, and you were the one to answer.

Me: Yeah, that was just some guy asking about paint, not a refund.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!