Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192937

, | Unfiltered | April 28, 2020

*I work at a rather popular television jewelry show, where I’m a customer sales agent. It was very early in the morning, I hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep, nor had I been able to get coffee yet.*

Me: thank you for calling (work), this is (name), how may I assist you?

Customer: I got disconnected from your other caller, and i just need to order these couple of things.

Me: sure no thing! I just need the phone number used to access your account.

(We do a lot by phone number. The phone you call in with when you place your first order is the phone that pulls your account up, unless you change it. Sometimes, even though the number is right, it still won’t pull up the account. Most unfortunately, this was the case)

Customer: *Gives me the phone number she’s using now.*

Me: Sorry ma’am, but you did specify that you have ordered with us before right?

Customer: *Getting immediately irate.* YES. OH MY GOD. WHY CAN’T YOU JUST PULL UP MY ACCOUNT? I GAVE YOU MY NUMBER.

Me: Yes ma’am I understand but the number you gave me isn’t pulling anything up, and I’m afraid sometimes it’s not that simple. May i please have your first and last name?

Customer: *Angrily yells out name.*

Me: *I put in her name, but it still doesn’t pull anything up. I’m starting to think she’s got us mixed up with the wrong jewelry television show, but i press on, trying not to let my sarcasm out to play.* Sorry ma’am, are you sure you’ve ordered with us before? What’s your CID (customer Identification #)?

Customer: You’re telling me that you’re too stupid to pull up my account, so now I have to get out of bed and go into the living room to get my number because you OBVIOUSLY don’t know how to do your job? *Stomps off, comes back a minute later, gives some random long number.*

(Our numbers are only about the first and half of the second of a credit card number. What she gave me was way longer).

Me: I’m sorry ma’am but nothing you’re giving me is pulling an account up. It would be much simpler if i just made a new account for you, and it would only take about two minutes of your time to get one pull-”

Customer: *Cussing me out.* I’M GOING TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR AND GET YOU FIRED. *Hangs up phone.*

Sadly, it did not end there. Right after that, I got another call, and it was HER again, and this is how this one went down.

Me: *same greeting.*

Customer: I hung up on this one stupid girl because she couldn’t pull up my account and i need you to do this for me. She needs to go back to her home country (I’ve lived in Romania, England, New Zealand, and here in the U.S, so i have an accent) because she obviously doesn’t know how to do her job.

Me: Okay what’s your number?

(goes through the same crap, only this time when i tell her it didn’t work, she verifies again, screaming)

Customer: IT’S (area code) (part of number) OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW STUPID YOU ALL ARE. DO YOU WANT ME TO HANG UP ON YOU TOO? YOU’RE ALL STUPID, AND I’M GOING TO HAVE YOU ALL FIRED. YOU JUST LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND i’M NEVER ORDERING FROM HERE AGAIN.

Me: *at this point I’ve reached my limit, and if I get fired so be it.* Ma’am, with no due respect, I’m that girl you talked to, and I REALLY don’t appreciate you talking to me like that. I’m not stupid, and for your information I just got back from studying abroad in New Zealand. FURTHERMORE, I’m studying to be an infectious disease specialist, and someday I’m going to be working for the W.H.O. That’s World Health Organization, because you don’t seem like you know. Sorry we’re not f*cking robots that know everything all the time. I don’t want you as a loyal customer because you are the rudest, most disrespectful, inconsiderate person on the planet, and i don’t give a rats a$$ if we lose you. In fact, I will be celebrating. And no, I’m not showing you respect; you can’t demand respect without giving it. Have a nice day. *Hangs up on her.*

(my supervisor actually called me over and talked to me because she did in fact call and complain. My boss said that while what I did was most certainly called for, because the woman was in fact what I said she was, that i need to watch what i say regardless because the higher-ups can listen and can still fire me and my boss. But my boss also said she gave her a stern talking to as well. I actually got her a few other times, and she remembered me. She was A LOT nicer to me the next time around).

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!