Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192460

, , | Unfiltered | April 25, 2020

I used to work in a smoothie shop. We make samples sometimes. I’m a guy with fairly short hair and my coworker that day was also a male with fairly short hair (this is relevent).

Customer : [yapping to a friend] “Yeah, yeah I come in here alllll the time, they’re great! I get suuuuch good service and discounts all the time! Hey! Excuse me! My friend would like to try some samples!

Me: [I’ve worked here for over a year… You are not a regular customer.] “Sure thing! What can I get you? Just so you know, our most popular flavors are [rattles off three top sellers]”

Customer: “We’ll try [lists off three most expensive smoothies on my menu].

Me: “Coming right up!” [I go and make the samples myself] “Here you are!”

Customer: “We’ll have two of these!”

Me: “Alright, your total is $12.82, they’ll be out shortly.” [I have my coworker make them. He is competent.]

-several minutes later-

Customer: “Excuse me, these don’t taste right.” [smoothies have hardly anything missing from them. Nothing seems amiss].

Me: “Well! In that case, I can either remake them, or I would be more than happy to make you a different smoothie!”

Customer: “Then can we get two of these?”

Me: “of course and they’re on the house!”

-several minutes later the customer comes back in screaming-
Customer: THIS IS ****ING UNACCEPTABLE. HOW DARE YOU PUT HAIR IN OUR SMOOTHIES! I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER. I WANT REFUNDS, AND REIMBURSEMENTS. I WILL HAVE YOU FIRED.”

Me: “May I see the hair?”

-Customer holds out several strands of long, blonde hair covered in smoothie-

Me: “Well, I just so happen to be a member of management. Let me ask the person who prepared these. [Coworker’s name] GET OUT HERE NOW AND TAKE YOUR HAT OFF.

-coworker comes out. He is not wearing his hat to reveal his extremely short hair.-

Me: “How odd. Neither me, nor my coworker are blonde, nor do we have long hair. Strangely enough, your friend is a blonde though. Tell you what. I will refund you and politely ask that you do not return to this establishment.”

She got her money back. She never came back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!