Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192449

, , | Unfiltered | April 24, 2020

ME: “Thanks for calling (COMPANY NAME), My name is Benjamin, how can I help you?
CUSTOMER: “I wanna talk to Scott.”
ME: “Sure! He’s here, he’s just on the phone with another customer. I’ll put you in his queue, just stay on the line and he’ll talk to you when he’s done”
CUSTOMER: “No, connect me with him now.”
ME: “I’m sorry?”
CUSTOMER: “I wanna talk to Scott now, connect me with him.”
ME: “Uh, I’m sorry, I can’t do that. He’s talking to someone else right now.”
CUSTOMER: “I don’t care. I need to talk to him, tell him to hang up so that I can talk to him.”
ME: “I’m not going to do that, sir. He’s currently in the middle of a conversation. So I can either put you in his queue, or I can give your phone number to him and he’ll call you when he is ready.”
-About 30 seconds of silence pass-
CUSTOMER: “Where is your office located?”
ME: “We are in Washington State, sir.”
CUSTOMER: “Alright, that’s fine. I’ve been flying a lot lately, I’ll buy a ticket and come see you folks. Connect me with Scott, right now!”
ME: “No. I am not going to interrupt a conversation with another customer just to get you on the phone with him. You can either be patient and wait in the queue, or I will have him call you back!”
-Another 30 seconds of silence pass-
CUSTOMER: “How old are you?”
ME (With a raised voice): “My age is not relevant to this conversation! I am ending this call now! You can call back when you feel like being mature!”
-I disconnect the line, coworkers laugh, supervisor listens to the call later and figured the caller must have been drunk by the sound of his voice. Supervisor high-fives me for telling him off-

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!