Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192311

, , | Unfiltered | April 23, 2020

(I work the evening shift in a medium sized convenience store. While most of our customers are perfectly friendly we do get the odd ones in the evening who will try to pull scams, as I’ve worked in rougher areas in the past I already know most of the scams and catch them out early on. It should also be noted I’m 6’8″ and have many visible tattoos, making for a slightly intimidating appearance for those looking to do wrong, resulting in most of the known scammers not actually trying anything in the first place.)

Customer: *Walks up to counter* 12.5g of [Tobacco Brand] Please.

Me: Sure thing, that’s £4.93 please.

Customer: *Hands over a £10 note*

Me: And that’s £5.07 change.

Customer: I gave you a Twenty! That should be £15!

Me: *pointing to the camera literally right above our heads* The camera will show what you gave me, I can get my supervisor to check it.

Customer: You wouldn’t want to waste his time and get in more trouble! Just give me my money!

Me: I know what you’re trying to do, take your change and get out before I make you get out.

(At this point he backed off, from the look on his face he’d only just realised my size and could probably tell I was serious. He made some comment about how he “had to try it ’cause we’ve both got ginger hair,” whatever that had to do with it… He backed off quickly and practically ran out of the shop. If you’re new to retail watch out for this scam! It’s a popular one because it’s easy to pull off especially on someone who’s new to the job or even on experienced cashiers if there’s a rush and you’re trying to get through a queue. Stand your ground and remember your managers should always have your backs. CCTV is there to protect you! Use it!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!