Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192214

, , | Unfiltered | April 18, 2020

I work at a restaurant in a popular amusement park. At this point, I’m finishing up a 12 hour shift and approaching my final table. The menu in the restaurant has two sections: Hots (which contains warm food) and Colds (which obviously doesn’t). These sections are very clearly outlined in the menu.

Customer: “Yeah…uhh, I’ll take a turkey club,” (an item on the Colds menu) “and can you hurry? It’s late”

Me: “I’ll get right on it!” I genuinely try to get the food to him as soon as possible because I am also eager to go home. The turkey club arrives and as soon as the man touches the sandwich, I see him grimace. After he eats about 3/4 of it, he calls me over.

Customer: “This is cold, I’m not paying for it.”

Me: “I’m so sorry about that. Let me make this right.” Being too tired to argue, I fetch my manager. Exhausted as well, she gives the guy a full refund.

Customer: *motions me back over to him* “You handled that like a pro, Honey, here.” *pushes a 15 dollar tip into my hand before walking away.*

I guess sometimes it pays to be exhausted.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!