Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #191937

, | Unfiltered | April 15, 2020

(It’s early evening and quite busy. I am standing at the counter waiting for the customers to get through the buffet with their food and drinks. And older gentleman comes with his tray. On his plate is today’s dish: satay with sauce and french fries. While at the counter, he also takes a cup of mayonnaise to have with his fries. I hit the button for everything on the tray: his drink, the meal and the mayonnaise.)

Customer: ‘Eh? The fries sauce was for free, wasn’t it?’ (With this he clearly means the mayonnaise.)

Me: ‘Sorry, it’s 30 cents a cup, sir.’

Customer: ‘It’s on the sign there. “Satay… with fries sauce.”‘

Me: ‘That would be irregular, sir, but you might be right. I’ll check. One moment, please.’

(I walk over to my colleague at the warm buffet, who confirms my stance. While doing that I can clearly read the sign. It says: “SATAY, with fries + sauce”.)

Me: ‘I’m sorry, sir. It says “with fries and sauce”, with which we mean the satay sauce. Sorry about the misunderstanding.’

Customer: (Pays, mumblins something about swindling.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!